Dedicated for the Next Generation
At Eagle Point, we feel privileged to work and live in this beautiful Colorado mountain paradise and are dedicated to preserving it for generations to come. Our desire to respect our natural surroundings helps create a better environment of our guests, our employees, the community and the land.
We began our green efforts at Eagle Point a number of years ago and we have continued our efforts each year though different programs and certifications. Last year alone more than 40,000 lbs. of waste were recycled through our single stream recycling program which brought our trash diversion rate to 41% for 2016.
EcoCare Environmental Efforts
Eagle Point Vacations celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2016 by being named Colorado’s “Best Property Management Company” by ColoradoBIZ Magazine. Eagle Point Vacations is an association, rental, spa, hotel and property management company that has been in business for over 30 years. We represent over 30 condominium associations within Vail, and manage over 300 luxury rental properties, two full-service hotels, two full-service spas, a gas station and eye glass store.
Eagle Point Vacations is committed to being a leader in the reduction of environmental impacts by engaging our associations, owners, guests and community through the use of responsible products and sustainable practices.
Clean The World Partnership – non-profit charitable organization committed to reducing the global spread of preventable diseases by recycling soaps and bottle amenities. To date Eagle Point Vacations has donated over 11,500 lbs. of product.
- Easy-to-use Single Stream Recycling areas and bins throughout the resort
- Recycled paper products used as much as possible with double-sided printing and copying of documents
- Motion sensor lighting in storage rooms and housekeeping
- LED lighting upgrades throughout the entire resort
- Organic, Environmentally friendly bath amenities in all condos
(No Animal Testing, No Parabens, Dye-Free, Post-Consumer Recycled Materials and #1 Recyclable Containers).
- Paid time off for employees to volunteer for community or environmental programs such as Habitat for Humanity, Highway Clean Up and Salvation Army Adopt-A-Family/Food
Our Commitment to the Environment
- According Eagle Point Vacations, the property has saved on average 1.1 million gallons of water each year since 2017
- Energy Audits and Utility Tracking – Since 2017, Eagle Point has cut down on energy waste and has made improvements to create a savings of nearly $10K each year on average
- The EPA estimates that 75 percent of what Americans throw in the trash could actually be recycled.
- The national recycling rate of 30 percent saves the equivalent of more than five billion gallons of gasoline, reducing dependence on foreign oil by 114 million
- Recycling 35 percent of our trash reduces global warming emissions equivalent to taking 36 millions cars off the
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours – or the equivalent of half a gallon of
- More aluminum goes into beverage cans than any other product and Americans use over 80,000,000,000 aluminum cans every
- Americans throw away enough aluminum to rebuild our entire commercial fleet of airplanes every three
- To produce each Sunday’s newspapers, 500,000 trees must be cut
- The average American uses seven trees a year in paper, wood and other products made from trees.
- Approximately 1 billion trees’ worth of paper is thrown away every year in the S.
- Plastic bags and other plastic garbage thrown into the ocean kill as many as 1,000,000 sea creatures each
- Americans throw away 25,000,000 plastic beverage bottles every
- Recycling plastic saves twice as much energy as burning it in an
- The energy saved from recycling one glass bottle can run a 100-watt light bulb for four
- A modern glass bottle would take 4,000 years or more to decompose – and even longer if it’s in the landfill.